Harley-Davidson adds to the legacy of its Sportster® motorcycle series with the launch of the Iron 1200™ and Forty-Eight® Special models.
Riding on powerful Evolution® 1200 V-Twin engines, new fuel tank graphics distinguish both the Iron 1200 and the Forty-Eight Special motorcycles, but the excitement doesn’t end there:
The Iron 1200is an urban brawler with more power and new styling to set it apart from the past:
- New powertrain styling highlights the V-Twin engine shape with black upper and lower rocker boxes, exhaust and muffler shields, timer, primary and derby cover and chrome pushrod tubes and tappet covers.
- Fresh garage-built chopper styling includes:
- Gloss black speed screen
- Satin-black Mini Ape handle bar
- Café Solo Seat
- Black 9-Spoke wheels with no highlights for more home-built look
- Chopped rear fender, mid-mount controls, round stamped-steel air cleaner cover, and fork gaiters carried
- Classic 3.3-gallon fuel tank with rediscovered throw-back graphics
The Forty-Eight Special is a unique celebration of chrome and retro graphics on two wheels and also includes:
- Powertrain styling features fitting the retro throw-back vibe with:
- Black upper and chrome lower rocker boxes
- Chrome exhaust shields
- Chrome solid muffler shields (no slots) over black mufflers
- Chrome primary, inspection and derby covers
- Chrome pushrod tubes and tappet covers highlighting the V-Twin engine shape
- Fresh styling and improved rider posture:
- Gloss-black Tallboy® handlebars for a “fist in the wind” attitude adjustment*
- Black split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminium wheels with no highlights make big tyres look even bigger
- Massive 130mm front tyre, solo seat, chopped rear fender, forward controls, round stamped-steel air cleaner cover carries over from Forty-Eight model.
- Peanut 2.2-gallon fuel tank with throwback horizontal stripe graphics
Give us a call today if you are interested in either of these exciting new models.